Here's a place to find creative, educational ways for your children and students to use the computer and lots of online tools. They'll have fun and be learning about computers at the same time. Adults will have fun too!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Recently while working with first graders on a project about space I came across NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day site and I'm really enjoying checking in on it.  Check out this picture of a crater on the moon.
Image Credit:  NASA http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap120217.html
Not only is it really neat picture but I love the single paragraph explanations for the pictures.  I can't claim to understand everything the paragraphs are explaining but for such a technical subject I think they do a good job of putting it in plain language.

So if you or your child loves space and space studies this is a site to bookmark and check back on often.

No comments:

Post a Comment